ABCelectronique : portail d'information dans le domaine de l'électronique

Merci de ne pas poster des messages en relation avec le piratage.

Forums de Abcelectronique > Electronique Analogique et Numérique
  » Clipping detection for high voltage amplifiers
Identifiant Se souvenir de moi ?
Mot de passe
Répondre     Nouvelle discussion
Clipping detection for high voltage amplifiers

NSV
NSV ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ 02/01/2018, 01h51 #1  
Hello,

I have been studying the following circuit detailed here, for amplifier clipping detection with LED output:
https://www.abcelectronique.com/ann...indicateur.html

I would like to ask advice in regards to using this circuit design in high voltage amplifiers, where the +/- rail may reach or slightly exceed the +/-200v mark.
I would like to be able to assemble these and install almost as a "universal kit", so a single PCB design which can cater for amplifiers with as low as +/- 30v rails, and use the same PCB with modified components for up to +/-200v rails. Also, I would like it to be compatible with amplifiers using a single positive output rail, where the speaker terminals have half-rail on both + and - terminals and the audio signal swings between 0v and rail. Although I imagine this would just mean adjusting where I take ground reference from rather than circuit changes.

My skill level is amplifier repair technician, ideally I would like to have some PCBs made which incorporate mostly SMD components which I will populate myself.

My main questions would be as follows:
- Would I be able to use the same IC across the whole range of intended amplifiers from low to high power (30 - 200v rails), only making modifications to resistor values as suggested on the guide
- Would I be able to assemble this circuit in todays market using mostly SMD components
- Would I be able to add a 3-tier LED visual output instead of the single one, which would light LED1 at first detection of clip, LED2 at 5% over clip and LED3 at 20% over clip, for example.

Thank you for any advice going forward!

Sam
DAUDET78
DAUDET78 ★★★★★★★ 02/01/2018, 08h28 #2  
I French language .... if you please !
tontonchristobal ★★★★★☆☆ 02/01/2018, 10h36 #3  
Hello Sam,
The operational amplifiers in +/-200 volts does not exist ?
rlo69
rlo69 ★★★★★☆☆ 02/01/2018, 10h50 #4  
Hello Sam,

For voltage hight voltage above, you must to change the type transisors because BC639 - NPN (Q2) and BC640 - PNP (Q1) are for most systems (less than +/- 70V).
DAUDET78
DAUDET78 ★★★★★★★ 02/01/2018, 11h06 #5  
C'est pas parce qu'on cause l'anglosaxon qu'il faut répondre en patois !
AUDIOVALVE ★★★★★★★ 02/01/2018, 11h44 #6  
vas causer grenouilles sur un forum mac'do !

tu vas voir comme tu te fais jeter !
Pasglop ★★★☆☆☆☆ 02/01/2018, 12h22 #7  
Posté par DAUDET78

C'est pas parce qu'on cause l'anglosaxon qu'il faut répondre en patois !

A quand une version patoitesque du forum ?
paski
paski ★★★★☆☆☆ 02/01/2018, 14h26 #8  
mi taillelor is ritch, i go to tè blaqueuboard, i wrigt on ze blaqueboard, i riturn tou mi place..... par l'élève Chaussillon
MINUX75 ★★★★★★ 02/01/2018, 16h56 #9  
All the value calculated in this sheet.
Fichiers attachés
Type de fichier : pdf PeakDetectorValue.pdf (26,3 Ko, 31 affichages)
NSV
NSV ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ 03/01/2018, 05h21 #10  
Posté par MINUX75

All the value calculated in this sheet.

That is perfect, thank you!

Sorry, I know this is a French forum, I saw lots of English posts and since I found this project through Google linked to this forum, I thought the best place to ask was here. :)
pym
pym ★★★★★★★ 03/01/2018, 06h20 #11  
It's shematic diagram is not adapted for your request because the amplitude voltage for power line voltage and level detection is greatest, and adaptation resistors is not really adapted for a secure used!
For détection level, resistors are possible, not for power supply where you must use current generator (with transistor, diode, resistor) follow by a stabilized voltage zener regulator.
A+
jarek ★★★★★☆☆ 03/01/2018, 10h57 #12  
Vendus, social-traîtres, honte à vous, suppôts de l'impérialisme américain, etc . . .
Pour être sérieux, ça me fait mal au cul de me torturer le cerveau pour poser des questions en anglais quand je suis obligé, . . .
MINUX75 ★★★★★★ 03/01/2018, 11h02 #13  
The best forum is http://www.diyaudio.com/
Répondre